Saturday, May 31, 2008

Something New... hey, it no work no more. :(

ok, So I wired up the tractor wrong.
I never said I knew how.

The old magneto was cooked by me.

The New Megneto has now been filleted on a nice long slow burn. no fire though, but either way its cooked.

Appearantly I didn't know that I had the wrong wire hooked up to it.
I was trying to follow the many many Wiring diagrams and write ups I had found on the web. all just a little bit confusing, and appearantly none really working the way it should.

So I am out another 50 bucks for another Magneto.

Sigh.

But if its true then it should work after I get the new one this time and not hook any wires to it. Should just spark without anything attached. just the plugs, and thats where step one will be. if that works, then I ground it to a different switch and everything should.. (I repeat SHOULD) be ok with the tractor.

I pick up the missing pulley monday as well as a new magneto.

Then It hopefully will be running again. and I can start exploring other possible problems with the old beast.

Craftsman - Murray Ohio.. Circa.. late eighties. Motor B&S 1995 Twin II 18 hp.

wish me luck. haha.

No comments: