Monday, June 2, 2008

Its Alive Again!

Thats right! I have Spark again!

A second new magneto coil, and its up and running.. for about 5 minutes and then stops.

And up and running again. and then stops again.

BUT IT RUNS AGAIN!! :)

Now why it stops after a few minutes of running. I don't know.
We changed the gas filter. the lines appear ok, it will run for a few minutes so its not like its only a little gas that is in the line that is burning.

The gas cap has lost its little clear cover over the E-F symbol. so the gas is exposed to the air. I don't know if that would affect it. we tried covering it to see if it would help.

Yes there is gas in the tank. its a little on the low side but its on level ground. but I will put some more in it and try again tomorrow..

but it runs again.
Happy days.

Now if I can keep it running so that it can drive and then I will put the completed mower deck back on. but we have to make sure it will run ok first.

Oh the fun of it all.

So now I have to get Ricki's Dad to help me trouble shoot why its not continuing to run. Of course he had it running the first time for quite a while. so we will see if his magic touch will fix it again. haha.

NO
MORE
POWER
TO
THE
COIL!!!!!

never again.. haha. I had to buy two because of my ignorance. and it will not happen again. promise.

well that part. I am sure my ignorance with small engines will get me into lots more trouble. haha.

I also got the pulley, so its on and ready to go.

Next Up on the list of to do:

1: Make tractor to continue to run.
2: Make tractor go forward and backward without losing a belt
3: Figure out gear box
4: Make sure gear box works well enough to use.
5: Put mower deck on tractor and test.
6: Mow the now hay field I call a lawn.


should be a good test for it if we get it to work.
haha.

No comments: