Wednesday, June 18, 2008

on to the mower deck

ok got the tractor working, fairly well, it runs, moves and all that.

Next was to put on the mower deck, had it working for a while, but then it threw the belt off.

noticed that one of the guards on the pulley was bent down.
so I bent it back up and it was rubbing so after some creative bending it is in place with no rubbing and the pulley is rolling free.

so I took it for a drive, the belt is still incredibly loose, but works, but for some reason the deck seems to be binding or grinding, like the pulley is stuck or something, and because of this is stalls out the mower when I try to run the blades.

So besides getting a smaller belt.. I believe... I think I have to figure out why the deck seems to be stiff or something. its very odd.

seems to be the only thing now. then I will have a fairly good working mower.. fairly.. its got its quirks but it works..

Oh and the alternator is shot. won't charge the batter and no lights.
don't care if the rest works. haha.

No comments: