Thursday, March 29, 2007

Jeeps in Pieces, well sorta

Well two days ago I took apart my front passanger seat, had to take it right out of the vehicle. a cable had broken for the tumble part, and it wouldn't tumble anymore, making it very difficult for my 2nd and 3rd friend to get in.. haha. 



  After much searching and fiddling I realized the seat had to come out, so I checked my service manual to make sure of no surprises, and then took off the 4 bolts.. out it came.. then I started tearing it apart to find where this illusive cable was hiding and where it went and where it ended up.. very frustrating, my thoughts go out to all those poor buggers who reapulster cars and boats seats.. you have tough work.. so I finally figure it out, and pull out my new wire to fit into it, the new wire was a little softer, bendy wise, so i'd get so far and it wouldn't want to go any farther.. stupid thing.. so after a very very very long battle I stuck a wire in the other way, to see how far it needed to go, and cut the tube there, hahaha...  finding the wire I pulled it through and then pushed it the rest of the way through the line and taped it back up.. then while moving the chair the wire slipped back up inside... ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!



So off cames the tape and pulled it through again and then tape it back up.. this is my hell..   anyways.  after figuring out where the wire goes, and realising I didn't need to take off half the stuff I did on the chair, I reassemble the chair and finish by putting ends on the wire to hold it in place.. first one, was bad, second one went on good and worked.. then comes the other end.. like most cables of this nature, it has to be rather tight..  so you can guess I had a few tries at this too!!!!!!   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!    anyways.. its on, its tight, and it works.. now the weather sucks..  When I finally finished the chair I couldn't put it back in, it was 12 midnight, and the neighbours, in my "Could touch both houses at the same time" neighbourhood, probably wouldn't like me playing with air tools at that time of night so I decided to lay off till the next day..  Now its bitterly cold and very windy.. and still is.. dammit. 

I do have a garage.. but like most garages in this type of neighborhood, its useless.  you can fit your car in or stuff in, not both. we have a thin line of stuff up both side and we can just slide the cars in and one person can get out.. get the picture.. not a garage you can do anything with a car in.. except store. Hopefully it warms up a bit this afternoon and I can get a bit done.. but can't forget I have a doctors appointment at 3pm.. cant forget!!



Passanger seat is still in garage.. can't forget that too.. haha



On a happy note.. my friends have absolutely no problems getting in the back seat at the moment.   hahahaha   :D





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: