Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Got my pretty new shocks

thats right, new shocks, 4 of them for the jeep, 2.5 inches over stock to prepare for the new 2" lift coming up next month. (Hopefully)



first step bigger, just a little bump but its cheap.



Jeep needed the new shocks anyways, mine have over 160,000 kms on them and they are suppose to be changed around every 80,000. So I am double overdue. Not that I have had any problems that I know of from the ones I got. but they are likely wearing out and not doing there job well. I think they are the reason for one of the clunks.



The Rockers should be finished within a couple weeks, and then I can prepare the jeep for those, once I have them and know more, I will start the preparation for them on the jeep, which involves removing some rust, drilling holes, priming or just tremclading them, and then letting it dry, sanding, then adding a second coat, then letting that dry, (thats important cuz I am bad at waiting for it to dry completely) then applying the rubber gasket for the rocker, then during all this I will have to put 2 - 4 layers of paint on the rocker, gonna look for something extremely durable. then its just a matter of putting it on tightening the bolts and boom, its done.



Fun stuff!! lift and armor



BOOYAAAHH!!





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: